Template Import Bugs

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Deano
Cacti User

Template Import Bugs

Post by Deano »

Ian

I've fallen over 2 data import bugs in 0.8.4 (which have also been experienced by a couple of people trying to use my NBAR Query)
My tests have been done as Export from Linux / Import to Win32 (IIS)

1) Importing a Data Query Template - with 3 x Graph Template/ 3 x Data templates. The 1st Data Template is fine, but the 2nd and 3rd dont get the Correct Data Input Source (Get Script Indexed) set or Name.

Exporting and Importing just the Graph Templates (between the same systems) works - the data sources are correct

2) I cant get any CDEF to Import. Whether as part of a single Graph Template or as part of a Query templates. I get the correct number of CDEF Items but each lists as "Notice: Undefined Index: 0 in e:\www\cacti\cdef.php on line 262"

Edit: Just found reference to CDEF import bug in the 0.8.5 changelog - I'll try that (which is what I prob should have done 1st) :oops:

They can both be re-produced it seems by importing just the Data Query XML in my nbar query (http://www.eayworms.org.uk/cacti/cisco-nbar.php). I'm going to work round the CDEF and include the graph templates for now though.

Deano
khutton
Cacti User

Post by khutton »

Deano,

Is this what I am experienceing with the graphing error? from the NBAR post.

I am getting a graphing debug error of

ERROR: invalid rpn expression ','

In my research, this is related to a CDEF. I am experiencing this in a Linux import.
Deano
Cacti User

Post by Deano »

Kevin - I believe so.

Deano
Deano
Cacti User

Post by Deano »

Appears to also affect my PIX & NetApp Templates aswell :( - I get corrupted Data templates on Import.

Deano