flushing poller_output

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Antoine Musso

flushing poller_output

Post by Antoine Musso »

Hello,

My cacti ran out of memory (for some reasons poller.cmd does not set a memory_limit whereas cmd.php does). So for 5 days all data were stored in the `poller_output` table and not did not get write back to the RRD files.

I fixed the memory limit and the poller started updating RRA based on data in the table. Once the command is executed ( "rrdtool update ..." ), the poller runs a SQL delete statement to clean out the table. I was like : "Great, Cacti is able to flush its data").

The problem is that the poller already updated the RRA with measures made when I fixed the memory limit. So, to me, rrdtool gave back an error message like:

"illegal attempt to update using time %ld when last update time is %ld (minimum one second step)"

Cacti did not log that error and deleted the data anyway.

To me it looks like a bug, the poller should not update the RRA if there are earlier data still present in the `poller_output` table.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please file a bug report at http://bugs.cacti.net
Reinhard
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Actually, please read http://www.cacti.net/bugs.php and then file a bug report.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
Antoine Musso

Post by Antoine Musso »

malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

I see that this is going to be fixed in version k but is there a fix for version j?