Cool zoom/history feature for cacti :)

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

marijonas

Post by marijonas »

Just to notify:
cactistoric-0.8.4-0.04 works perfectly :P . Didn't try to install lower releases but that one took less than five minutes to install.
It's two hours already and it still works :)
We plan to monitor up to several hundred connections in a network and use cacti instead of mrtg.

I installed cacti0.8.4 on Debian.

Thanks to Ian for cacti for perfect application
Thanks to Bruno for cactistoric
Respect
By the way, it would be great to have cactistoric and cactid bundled with cacti in a future.
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

Bruno Prigent wrote:Hi,

I already noticed this problem on a previous cacti box (cacti 0.6.8 and Redhat 7.3). I think this problem also appears when using the graph_view.php page, so the problem may be comes from rrdtool.
Since I moved to a Debian machine with cacti 0.8.4, this problems doesn't exists (for the moment).

If somebody have this problem or more informations, report ...

Bruno
Yesssss
This problem about rrdtool
I upgrade my rrdtoo to version 1.0.46
and problem solved.
Thanks all
sini
Cacti User

Zoom on Total Bandwidth graph

Post by sini »

Hi,

If I use Interface Traffic Total Bandwidth or any other template than simple In/Out Traffic for my graphs the zoom function fails! No graphs on zoom result page!
How can I fix this?

I use: cacti-0.8.3 with cactistoric 0.8.3
Sini
Bruno Prigent
Cacti User

Post by Bruno Prigent »

upgrade to latest version of cacti and cactistoric. This has been solved.

Bruno
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

Hi Bruno

I'm trying to get cactistoric 0.8.4-0.04 to work with Cacti 0.8.5-pre20040126, but some code has changed in lib/functions.php (the function resolve_navigation_title became resolve_navigation_variables) :

Old code :

Code: Select all

function resolve_navigation_title($id) {
        switch ($id) {
        case 'graph.php:':
                return get_graph_title($_GET["local_graph_id"]);
                break;
        case 'cactistoric.php:':
                return "<a href='graph.php?local_graph_id=" . $_GET["local_graph_id"] . "&rra_id=" . $_GET["rra_id"] . "'>" . get_graph_title($_GET["local_graph_id"]) . "</a> -> Zoom";
                break;

}

return;
}
New code :

function resolve_navigation_variables($text) {
        if (preg_match_all("/\|([a-zA-Z0-9_]+)\|/", $text, $matches)) {
                for ($i=0; $i<count($matches[1]); $i++) {
                        switch ($matches[1][$i]) {
                        case 'current_graph_title':
                                $text = str_replace("|" . $matches[1][$i] . "|", get_graph_title($_GET["local_graph_id"]), $text);
                                break;
                        }
                }
        }

return $text;
}
Do you have an idea to get it working ?

Thanks in advance,

Frédéric Mangeant
Lux
Cacti User

Post by Lux »

Are there any plans of incorporating this into the main Cacti distribution, or will we have to constantly do a two part installation?

Mike
Bruno Prigent
Cacti User

Post by Bruno Prigent »

fmangeant wrote:Hi Bruno

I'm trying to get cactistoric 0.8.4-0.04 to work with Cacti 0.8.5-pre20040126, but some code has changed in lib/functions.php (the function resolve_navigation_title became resolve_navigation_variables) :

Old code :

function resolve_navigation_title($id) {
        switch ($id) {
        case 'graph.php:':
                return get_graph_title($_GET["local_graph_id"]);
                break;
        case 'cactistoric.php:':
                return "<a href='graph.php?local_graph_id=" . $_GET["local_graph_id"] . "&rra_id=" . $_GET["rra_id"] . "'>" . get_graph_title($_GET["local_graph_id"]) . "</a> -> Zoom";
                break;

}

return;
}
New code :

function resolve_navigation_variables($text) {
        if (preg_match_all("/\|([a-zA-Z0-9_]+)\|/", $text, $matches)) {
                for ($i=0; $i<count($matches[1]); $i++) {
                        switch ($matches[1][$i]) {
                        case 'current_graph_title':
                                $text = str_replace("|" . $matches[1][$i] . "|", get_graph_title($_GET["local_graph_id"]), $text);
                                break;
                        }
                }
        }

return $text;
}
Do you have an idea to get it working ?

Thanks in advance,

Frédéric Mangeant
Be sure that when cacti-0.8.5 is released I'll work on cactistoric-0.8.5.
Bruno Prigent
Cacti User

Post by Bruno Prigent »

Lux wrote:Are there any plans of incorporating this into the main Cacti distribution, or will we have to constantly do a two part installation?

Mike
I invited RaX to work with me to add cactistoric to cacti but for the moment it's wiser to keep them separated because lot of code is changing at each release.

I invite you to post a message on the "Feature Requests" forum asking for cactistoric to be included in cacti :)

Bruno
Bruno Prigent
Cacti User

Post by Bruno Prigent »

Hi !

Cactistoric-0.8.5-0.01 is released and available on my website at http://linkdown.org/download/cactistori ... .01.tar.gz.
This release is to be used with Cacti-0.8.5. Since this release is for a new cacti version, be sure to backup everything important before using it.
Notice the new /doc directory wich contains cactistoric documentation.

Bye.
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

Bonjour Bruno

I've installed Cactistoric-0.8.5-0.0.1 on top of Cacti 0.8.5 (Gentoo 1.4, Apache 2.0.48 w/ PHP 4.3.4) and everything works fine except when using the "Interface - Traffic (bits/sec, Total Bandwidth)" graph template. I get this error message when turning on the graph debug :

RRDTool Says:

Notice:  Undefined variable:  ds_step in /cacti/cacti-0.8.5/lib/rrd.php on line 755
OK
I saw that the definition of ds_step has been commented in rrd.php which is bundled whith Cactistoric, but it seems to be used at line 755, for bandwidth summation :

$summation_cache{$graph_item["local_data_id"]} = bandwidth_summation($graph_item["local_data_id"], $summation_timespan, $seconds_between_graph_updates, $rra["steps"], $ds_step);
Could you please take a look at it ?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Frédéric Mangeant
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

fmangeant wrote:Bonjour Bruno

I've installed Cactistoric-0.8.5-0.0.1 on top of Cacti 0.8.5 (Gentoo 1.4, Apache 2.0.48 w/ PHP 4.3.4) and everything works fine except when using the "Interface - Traffic (bits/sec, Total Bandwidth)" graph template. I get this error message when turning on the graph debug :

RRDTool Says:

Notice:  Undefined variable:  ds_step in /cacti/cacti-0.8.5/lib/rrd.php on line 755
OK
I saw that the definition of ds_step has been commented in rrd.php which is bundled whith Cactistoric, but it seems to be used at line 755, for bandwidth summation :

$summation_cache{$graph_item["local_data_id"]} = bandwidth_summation($graph_item["local_data_id"], $summation_timespan, $seconds_between_graph_updates, $rra["steps"], $ds_step);
Could you please take a look at it ?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Frédéric Mangeant
Hi,
I have same problem. But, additionally when I try to use new CDEF, (CURRENT_DS_MAXIMUM_VALUE) in Interface-Traffic(Bits/sec) Graph Templates my graph shows me an error. this error is same with Frédéric.
Bruno Prigent
Cacti User

Post by Bruno Prigent »

Well, I just uncommented the lines which initialise ds_step. It seems to work :wink: . Try http://linkdown.org/download/cactistori ... .02.tar.gz and tell me if it's ok.
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

Bruno Prigent wrote:Well, I just uncommented the lines which initialise ds_step. It seems to work :wink: . Try http://linkdown.org/download/cactistori ... .02.tar.gz and tell me if it's ok.
It's working now :)
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

Bruno Prigent wrote:Well, I just uncommented the lines which initialise ds_step. It seems to work :wink: . Try http://linkdown.org/download/cactistori ... .02.tar.gz and tell me if it's ok.
Perfect :)
thanx

rrdtool resize...

Post by Guest »

Hey all. Great little app Bruno. quick question on the rrdtool resize. I have about 100 rrd files that im going to want to have zoom-able.

I looked on the rrdtool site, and the rrdtool resize command specificly but there does not seem to to be a * all command to resize.

Is there a script out there? that can automate doing alot of resizing?

also, what if you change the rrd daily setting in the browser but dont touch any of the old rrd's..im assuming they are going to grow to the new value? thanks for the killer tool!!!