Graph Mouse Over Time

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

tetu_024

Graph Mouse Over Time

Post by tetu_024 »

Hi,

Is it possible to enable mouse roll over on the graph and you get the time that peak / value was polled like windows MRTG ?

TeT
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

That would be a new feature request
Reinhard
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Screen shots please....

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
tetu_024

Post by tetu_024 »

to whom shall i send this feature request ?
TeT
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Show us a picture first demonstrating the feature...

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
leonardo_gyn
Cacti User

Post by leonardo_gyn »

i think we're talking on something like the one available here

http://xc.ciclone.com.br/modules.php?na ... ightID=552

This is a paraglider flight site, NOTHING related to cacti. But you can walk the mouse through the first graphic, which represents the flight altitude. When you walk the mouse, the informations like speed, altitude are updated.

I think the idea would be walk the mouse through the graph and have a 'actual' value updated, according to the position the mouse cursor is.
leonardo_gyn
Cacti User

Post by leonardo_gyn »

Thinking further about this idea ....... i think that would be VERY difficult, if not impossible, to implement. Cacti doesnt see the values on the graph. Values are seen and graphs are generated by rrdtool. Cacti just give rrdtool parameters for that.

At least in my first toughts, i really think this is prety impossible for doing without HARD cacti and rrdtool coding.

It would be a great feature, no doubt on that. But zooming the desired region and watching the steps individually can, somehow, give the same results.
limaunion

Post by limaunion »

TheWitness wrote:Show us a picture first demonstrating the feature...

TheWitness
maybe he's referring to something like this (?):

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=google
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

RRDtool does not do that I'm pretty sure. That's a Flash Graph, a most excellent one.

TheWitness

sepp

Post by sepp »

that is what my manager always beats me for. It would be really cool to have it. So, if someone hast the power...... :wink: