Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

sepp

Post by sepp »

HI,

do you think it is possible to split results by hour? I managed to create a report that gives me the maxValues from last day for each datasource. But it would be very great if it could give these results per hour.

any idea?

many thanks,

//seb
tclark

Post by tclark »

Is it possible to add another measurand for LAST(current/latest) collection. On many of my collections I like to report (Current/Average/Maximum) data.

f_min => returns the lowest value
f_avg => returns the average (sum/number of values)
f_sum => returns the sum of all values (value_1 + value_2 + value_3 ....)
f_num => returns the number of values

f_last => returns the last value
Kriegsmarine

Post by Kriegsmarine »

Hello, I finnaly got the plugin up and running.

I needed and HOURLY report, is thats possible with the appointment of an crontab job???
Ahuber
Cacti User

I think it may be a bug,

Post by Ahuber »

Sorry to not have any answers for the past posts. I have an issue...
Note the images, and the measurands. The percentage over threshold is 100%, yet the traffic over treshold is 0... Am I missing something here? Also, when I run the report, I get the following errors, they seem to come in pairs as I add an interface (I suppose each for in/out)
Attachments
Error after runnnig report
Error after runnnig report
ReportIt-Run.JPG (34.64 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
Results of report, not over threshold percent, and over threshold traffic.
Results of report, not over threshold percent, and over threshold traffic.
ReportIt-Results.JPG (50.45 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
measurand of said report.
measurand of said report.
ReportIt-Measurands.JPG (46.14 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
The data of last interface of report.
The data of last interface of report.
ReportIt-Graph.JPG (36.22 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi Ahuber,

what a beautiful painting. :wink:
You're absolutely right - it's the bug I tried to describe under http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=105844&highlight=#105844
It occurs because now you've two meausrands (DOT and TOT) and every formula contains one function with a parameter. It's an error in my caching architecture and I fixed it the day before yesterday, but I don't want to publish every bugfix separately. If it's really important for you I'll publish it tomorrow.
Now, I've to finish here before my wife becomes more and more angry. The living room has to be finished. :(

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
Ahuber
Cacti User

Post by Ahuber »

It's is not crucial (yet), but most of my reporting will deal with 2 (or more...maybe) functions per ds. I can keep looking at my graphs in the meantime to look for this data.
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Only f_xth, f_dot and f_sot are affected.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
Ahuber
Cacti User

Post by Ahuber »

Ok well, it's gotten excalated now.. I need to now show the average value of values below a threshold, which requires me to use FDUT, and FSOT. Is the bug a simple fix? If it is, I would like to try it..... Otherwise, lemme know when you can come out with the patch or new release.. at least then I can tell someone a time frame. Reportit is an awesome addition, the more I think about your functions, the more I realize I can do.... This is great.... By the way, good luck on your renovations, I just finished landscaping, now it's drywalling :x :cry: I hate drywalling.... I'd rather shovel lead in my underwear...
rfxn

Post by rfxn »

Can we get an updated powerpoint presentation or if there is one please point me towards it. Iv been trying to get some reports going for awhile now and got nothing but my thumb up my arse - pardon the expression.

Likewise this thread is so long and overbloated that it is hard to find any useful and tangible information within it that is relative to the current version. For example the simplest of things such as creating a monthly bandwidth report from a device....

Nevertheless a great project and I am not in anyway trying to knock it, just having a hard time grasping the logic involved to get it rolling.
Ahuber
Cacti User

Post by Ahuber »

rfxn
Go here --> http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p ... ht=#105844

This gives a good example on using measurands and variables. The post shows one image by the author, but it's multiple screenshots. It helped me.
superzjb2007

Post by superzjb2007 »

Hello. When I run the report for my traffic. I received some error, such as below:

(1) Warning: is_nan() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti/plugins/reportit/lib_int/funct_runtime.php on line 373

(2)Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti/plugins/reportit/lib_int/funct_calculate.php(189) : eval()'d code on line 1

So I could not get some wrong values about my traffcie, such as f_avg caculation. I got 0.55G and 0.1G, but it is not correct.

Can you tell me how to resolve this error??? Thank you
USFJoseph

Post by USFJoseph »

Whenever I try to create a variable I get this error:

08/02/2007 07:52:45 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "INSERT INTO reportit_rvars (template_id, report_id, variable_id, value) VALUES "

Obviously there's not nothing trying to be inserted -- any ideas why?
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Please, comment out the following line of your my.ini:
sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES......" until we've fixed the MySQl syntax.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
USFJoseph

Post by USFJoseph »

browniebraun wrote:Please, comment out the following line of your my.ini:
sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES......" until we've fixed the MySQl syntax.
I have commented out that line and restarted MySQL but I still get that error when attempting to create a variable HOWEVER the variable does get created.
USFJoseph

Post by USFJoseph »

Is there a manual or documentation for this plugin? Specifically I'm trying to create a trend report (gradient?) based on my disk utilization data.