Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

chubes

Post by chubes »

browniebraun,

This is a wonderful add-on for Cacti. I've found the reports to be immensely helpful in understanding the massive amounts of data that my Cacti server gathers. Utilizing the php-bindings made my report generation much faster too. Cheers to you.

My only question revolves around the scheduled reporting. Whenever I attempt to launch the scheduled reporting for my Daily reports from the CLI:

Code: Select all

php /usr/local/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php -d
I get a Segmentation Fault, and it locks my reports by setting an isactive bit in the mySQL database. I can run the reports fine through the web interface though. Any hints?
2x Xeon 3.4Ghz / 4GB RAM
Cacti Version - 0.8.6j
Poller Type - cactid CVS
Server Info - RHEL5
Web Server - Apache/2.2.3-6 (Unix)
PHP/5.1.6-12
MySQL - 5.0.22.-2.1
RRDTool - 1.2.23
SNMP - 5.3-1.14.0.1
exy123

Report IT

Post by exy123 »

Firstly thanks for a great plugin everyone.

Quick question :

My reporting works great for Lines on Routers but I am unablke to create A report Template for certain templates like the allot templates , when i want to create a report template for them , they are not availible under the list of data templates.

Why is this ?
Ahuber
Cacti User

Post by Ahuber »

exy123,
Did you check to see if the template was unlocked, and has at least one measurand? That is something that I missed the first time around.

Cheers
sepp

docu

Post by sepp »

hello, is there a better docu available than the ppt?
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

chubes wrote: My only question revolves around the scheduled reporting. Whenever I attempt to launch the scheduled reporting for my Daily reports from the CLI:

Code: Select all

php /usr/local/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php -d
I get a Segmentation Fault, and it locks my reports by setting an isactive bit in the mySQL database. I can run the reports fine through the web interface though. Any hints?
The main function that handles the calculation process is the same in both cases. But imo it could depend on a bug in RRDtool or an incorrect PHP binding (more probable). If you're using a RPM-package try another one or try to compile it manually. Reinhard reported the same issue in combination with a RPM package before he went on vacation.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
browniebraun
Developer

Re: Report IT

Post by browniebraun »

exy123 wrote:Firstly thanks for a great plugin everyone.

Quick question :

My reporting works great for Lines on Routers but I am unablke to create A report Template for certain templates like the allot templates , when i want to create a report template for them , they are not availible under the list of data templates.

Why is this ?
I'll check it, but at the moment I've absolutely no time (Renovation and redecoration of our living room).

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
browniebraun
Developer

Re: docu

Post by browniebraun »

sepp wrote:hello, is there a better docu available than the ppt?
Not yet! :cry:
But it would be great if some of the reportit users would have some time to publish one of their templates. This would also make it easier for the beginners until an interface for the import and export of report templates will have been defined.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
sepp

Post by sepp »

yes definetly :-) I am a bit confused about the functions and variables - or let's say in general I don't really know how it works. Right now I do it with try and error, but a good doku would save much time ...

thanks for the plugin anyhow - maybe I could satisfy my manager with this :-)
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

sepp wrote:yes definetly :-) I am a bit confused about the functions and variables - or let's say in general I don't really know how it works. Right now I do it with try and error, but a good doku would save much time ...
Take a look this posting and try to rebuild my example. After that it should be a little bit clearer. http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=96605&highlight=#96605.
And this example should also explain the use of variables ... http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=102967&highlight=#102967

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
sepp

Post by sepp »

many thanks for quick reply. It seems as I do not get the point as I receive totally phantastic values in the report.... argl... it's frustrating if you reach the limit of your brain that fast... I will search for a different job maybe at McDonalds or similar... :(
exy123

Post by exy123 »

Ahuber wrote:exy123,
Did you check to see if the template was unlocked, and has at least one measurand? That is something that I missed the first time around.

Cheers
The problem is that I cant even create the template from certain data templates
lard
Cacti User

Post by lard »

Great plugin - I have a user insisting on percentage utilization reporting so will get my head this and see what else I can start using it for :)

Many thanks,

Larry
---- lard007skype ----
r_chetanjain
Cacti User

example for Interface traffic

Post by r_chetanjain »

i am just trying to get the interface traffic report... can you post an example on the same...
luckyksc

problem creating

Post by luckyksc »

I am running window and using mysql version 5.0.37 and I am having a hard time creating a new report for both verion 3.2 and 4.2 of report it. When I click create, it just refresh and create the table reportit_rrdlist_0 and that's it. I can create the template fine, unlock it and use it for creating the report but it fail at the create button when doing this.

Thanks,
luckyksc
browniebraun
Developer

Re: problem creating

Post by browniebraun »

luckyksc wrote:I am running window and using mysql version 5.0.37 and I am having a hard time creating a new report for both verion 3.2 and 4.2 of report it. When I click create, it just refresh and create the table reportit_rrdlist_0 and that's it. I can create the template fine, unlock it and use it for creating the report but it fail at the create button when doing this.

Thanks,
luckyksc
Please send me a private message that contains the configuration of your MySQL Server and PHP interpreter as well. I need something to compare.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3