Trango Broadband Wireless Templates

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

geskorup

Trango Broadband Wireless Templates

Post by geskorup »

I've been working on templates for Trango gear. I figured I'd put them all in one thread.

Working templates and SNMP query scripts for the following:

LINK-45 (aka P5010M, Atlas PtP)
LINK-10 MU & RU (P5830S-MU & RU)
M5830S-AP
M900S-AP

I dont have any M2400 APs, so I can't test them, sorry.

-------------------------------

EDIT:

-Rebuilt for 0.8.7a.
-Fixed some graph template issues.
-trango.zip includes host templates w/dependancies and SNMP query scripts for the above listed products.
Attachments
trango.zip
(34.51 KiB) Downloaded 1063 times
Last edited by geskorup on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
geskorup

LINK-45

Post by geskorup »

See top post.
Last edited by geskorup on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geskorup

LINK-10

Post by geskorup »

See top post.
Last edited by geskorup on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geskorup

M5830S-AP

Post by geskorup »

See top post.
Last edited by geskorup on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geskorup

M900S-AP

Post by geskorup »

See top post.
Last edited by geskorup on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerbilnut

Post by gerbilnut »

Thank you sooo much. I've been looking for graphs for the Trango m5830 AP for nearly a year that work correctly. You are a life saver.
gerbilnut

Trango Templates

Post by gerbilnut »

I did notice the templates worked great of the MS5830AP's running 2p0r2 but seemed to stop working on an AP i upgraded to 2p0r7. Not sure if it's an issue with my system or the templates though.
Ethernull

Post by Ethernull »

These work perfectly for me :)

I modified the graph templates to include the ip address of the SU on all the graphs.

I have a question though. After looking through the xml source I cannot find the answer. How did you get it to iterate the SUs?

I am currently trying to create templates for Deliberant APs, and they hold snmp info for connected clients as well, but I am not sure how to get Cacti to automatically iterate the info.
cliffo

Post by cliffo »

It is possible I just don't understand correctly, but I imported your templates and added my AP, which is got the snmp data for, but I don't see how to gragh the su information. I am new to cacti, so I am sure I am missing something. I am trying to do the 900 trango

added:
When I go to create graghs, I get the following
Data Query [Trango M900S-AP - AP Stats]

Error in data query.

Data Query [Trango M900S-AP - SU Stats]

Error in data query.

any help would be greatly appreciated
keefe007

Post by keefe007 »

I'm getting this from your script:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: oid_index in /home/admin/domains/domain.com/public_html/lib/data_query.php on line 156

Notice: Undefined index: oid_index in /home/admin/domains/domain.com/public_html/lib/data_query.php on line 159

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/domains/domain.com/public_html/lib/data_query.php:156) in /home/admin/domains/domain.com/public_html/host.php on line 72
cliffo

Post by cliffo »

I finally got it to load the data (I manually put the xml in the resources folder), however, now the poller just stalls and doesn't update anything. It sees what graphs it should do, and can access the snmp on the unit, but it never does anything. When I manually run the poller I get
If I remove the trango, everything works great.

Waiting on 1/1 pollers.(hundreds of times)
08/16/2007 12:51:05 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] Maximum runtime of 292 seconds exceeded. Exiting.
08/16/2007 12:51:05 PM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:293.0153 Method:cmd.php Processes:1 Threads:N/A Hosts:4 HostsPerProcess:4 DataSources:64 RRDsProcessed:8
PHP Warning: pclose(): 53 is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/cacti/lib/rrd.php on line 48
GlueGuy
Cacti User

Post by GlueGuy »

Curious. I tried the trango_link45.xml (and the host template) on our Atlas PTP (it's an actual Atlas that pre-dates the TL45), and get the following results when I attempt to add graphs:
+ Running data query [11].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/resource/snmp_queries/trango_link45.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ ''
+ No SNMP data returned
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/resource/snmp_queries/trango_link45.xml'
When I run the straight OIDs via the command line, I get the expected results (if I add the .0 at the end of the OID). What can cause this?
---------
The Glue Guy
geskorup

Post by geskorup »

GlueGuy wrote:Curious. I tried the trango_link45.xml (and the host template) on our Atlas PTP (it's an actual Atlas that pre-dates the TL45), and get the following results when I attempt to add graphs:
+ Running data query [11].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ ''
+ No SNMP data returned
When I run the straight OIDs via the command line, I get the expected results (if I add the .0 at the end of the OID). What can cause this?
I fixed some things. Try the updated templates at my top post and let me know. Make sure you're running 0.8.7a as well.

George
ragnard

Post by ragnard »

George, thanks so much for putting this all together! You saved me many hours of work. :D
ragnard

Post by ragnard »

I'm getting all my APs and SUs entered into Cacti thanks to these great templates. I've run into one problem though, I'm hoping maybe some of you have thoughts on.

Once the SUs are entered and graphing it all works good. Until you remove an SU from an AP. Cacti runs into an error when polling that AP, and stops polling all the remaining data sources. If you manually remove the SU entry all starts working again.

Since my company is big enough that SUs are added and removed on a daily basis this will make the maintenance a big chore. Is there any automated way cacti can remove entries for SUs that have been removed from the AP? On that front, any way it can automatically add the SUs that get put into the AP that is already being graphed in Cacti?

Thought I'd ask here before I dug in and tried to re-invent the wheel. Any thoughts are appreciated.