Alcatel Omniaccess data query

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gatekeeper

Alcatel Omniaccess data query

Post by gatekeeper »

Hi guys,

So I tried and tried to figure out how to do this and my forum trolling has been fruitless as Im not sure what I should be searching for.
Short story first, long story afterwards :)
Im trying to make an Associated data query i think, i have the oid for the in and out of the interfaces and i want to make it so when i add a device i see that associated data query as an option in the list(so i can graph all of them).
I tried the doccos i could find, but all i ended up with was confused or the data query in associated graph templates, not in associated data queries where i want it. Is this as complex as it seems or am i just lost?

Long story now
To explain, I have an alcatel Omni access 4308 which is basically a glorified switch with a GUI for controlling my enterprise wireless network.
All my access points hook into ports on this and Im trying to graph the snmp interfaces. The problem is the mibs dont all work and after much digging Ive been able to find the snmp oids for the transmit and receive of the various access points.
The problem is I havent built a data query from scratch before and all the graphing how-tos seem to reference one interface and Im assuming one snmp oid. The interfaces are separated in this silly device eg.
transmit oid: .1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.2.1.1.3.5.1.9
receive oid: .1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.2.1.1.3.5.1.11
if you poll the respective IDs you get the bytes listing of all access points under control
Im sure Im going about this the wrong way, all Im trying to do is be able to get a listing of those strings and it will list all the access points being controlled and give me their interface stats.
you may ask why I dont just monitor the switch ports but you can put an access point on a normal switch and it can be seen by the controller (and I will be doing that) so its important I monitor the access points and not the network interfaces of the omniaccess (which I will be doing anyway) and the snmp query must hit the controller as for some stupid reason I get no interface stats when I walk the access points themselves.
Ive tried following all this below
http://docs.cacti.net/node/80
http://cacti.net/downloads/docs/html/da ... thods.html
http://docs.cacti.net/node/285
Attachments
SNMP walk example of the above oid
SNMP walk example of the above oid
snmpwalk.PNG (16.17 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper »

ignore this post,
between making a copy of the interface.xml file
using winagents mib browser
the mibs supplied by alcatel
and a combination of
http://docs.cacti.net/node/201
and
http://www.cacti.net/downloads/docs/htm ... y_xml.html

i've managed to graph these little buggers.
i am working through fixing up my nasty graphing to make it clean and make the graphs a little better and then ill figure out how to export it for others to use.
gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper »

Ok, so now i have an issue where i dont know how to go about graphing some fancy stuff. Can anyone suggest whats my best plan of attack to graph all this? everytime i try to build graphs from scratch i end up tied in knots with the howtos trying to graph this data. i didnt have an issue adding my interface mibs to an existing template and getting that working but all this stuff is going way over my head.

I've linked below a screenshot of an example of mibs im trying to graph, the columns from left to right are 1 a simple description 2. the oids and 3. the mib reference.
Attachments
mibs.PNG
mibs.PNG (13.67 KiB) Viewed 3489 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Post your Data Query and XML file.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper »

i dont have a data query and xml file that does anything more than just graph the basic interfaces.

Using the howto's i was able to use the standard files to graph the interfaces on the device(basically changing the oid's used for standard ethernet) but im at a loss as to how to approach all these various queries that dont seem as straightforward to graph.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

I suggest you goto the Doc's site and do some reading on how these things are done. Good luck.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?