CACTID Issues - Windows [RESOLVED]

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

MCutting,

So, the reason that it went to 292 was due to a segmentation fault of one ot the Cactid processes around 6/21/2007 at 6:45:22 PM. Do you have any cactid.core files laying around? If you can build the binary in debug mode, we can get a core file the next time it happens.

Larry
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Hi Larry,

No, I don't have any cactid.core files around. How can I re-compile this in DEBUG ?

Thanks
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

you will use the following configure syntax. Then, make sure the poller has rw access to the Cactid binary directory. That's important.

./configure CFLAGS="-O -g -fno-inline"

I will be uploading new source is a few minutes.

Larry
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Here are the revised source. Took care of some small issues.

Larry
Attachments
cactid086.zip
(328.58 KiB) Downloaded 148 times

mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Hi Larry,

Compiled and running (Version "J"). Interesting...

I have a message in the stackdump file "Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=610DEF80"

Any idea ?
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

I now also have in the log

06/22/2007 02:15:11 PM - PHPSVR: Poller[0] ERROR: Input Expected, Script Server Terminating
06/22/2007 02:15:11 PM - PHPSVR: Poller[0] ERROR: Input Expected, Script Server Terminating
06/22/2007 02:15:11 PM - CACTID: Poller[0] FATAL: Cactid Encountered a Segmentation Fault (Cactid thread)
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Make sure you are using the revised code I sent you and them PM me the core file.

Larry

mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Definately the new code you sent me. All I have is the .stackdump file - I don't seem to have any .core files - is this correct ?
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

It's the same thing. However, you did not attach it in the PM.

Larry

mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Getting more and more of these

06/22/2007 02:25:13 PM - PHPSVR: Poller[0] ERROR: Input Expected, Script Server Terminating
06/22/2007 02:25:13 PM - PHPSVR: Poller[0] ERROR: Input Expected, Script Server Terminating

06/22/2007 02:25:13 PM - CACTID: Poller[0] FATAL: Cactid Encountered a Segmentation Fault (Cactid thread)
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

TheWitness wrote:It's the same thing. However, you did not attach it in the PM.

Larry
Sorry - have sent it again.
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

It looks like this may be an issue in converting a string to long. Not too sure yet. I am still tracking it down. It's in Cygwin though from what I can see.

The stackdump did not contain a full dump. Likely because it was in Cygwin. I check in the code where I use this function for now.

TheWitness

mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Ok - Is there anything I can do in the meantime ? I changed the amount of threads from 20 to 15, and this seems to have had a good effect so far.
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

So, in debug mode is it crashing more often?

TheWitness

mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Yes, without a doubt....Can I recompile the newer version you sent me so it isn't in debug mode, or have there been too many modifications for this ?
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b