Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

FinboySlick

Post by FinboySlick »

browniebraun wrote:The current version does not have a debug mode.

Can you post an overview with your measurands like I did in http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=96475&highlight=#96475, please? And please add the template configuration (data template, consolidation function).

Best regards,
-Andreas-
Here are tne new screenshots. I hope we get it working, this plugin seems amazing. Especially that this really *should* just work. Maybe something obscure in my setup... Think using php bindings to rrdtool would help?
Attachments
nowork.gif
nowork.gif (3.29 KiB) Viewed 22252 times
template.gif
template.gif (5.96 KiB) Viewed 22252 times
r_chetanjain
Cacti User

brief howto

Post by r_chetanjain »

the new version seems promising... but can you just explain a bit on creating the templates, mesaurands, variables etc.... Can you modify you powerpoint presentation for the new version 0.4

Chetan
mterry

Post by mterry »

I tested the Windows extension for rrdtool php bindings (Found at this link posted earlier: http://www.gknw.net/php/ext_win32/php-5 ... 19-w32.zip ) and it worked fine on Windows.

I had to edit the runtime.php file in the plugin because the extension reports "RRDTool" in Windows and the function checks for "rrdtool" (notice the case difference). Without this change the reportit plugin reports it can't find the rrdtool extension.

The extension in the link was compiled for php 5.2.1, I'm using with with 5.2.0 without any problems.

Thanks for the very nice extension, despite the steep learning curve!
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

mterry - Could you document your changes to this file, as I would like to have the bindings for windows also.

Thanks
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
mterry

Post by mterry »

Sure, here's what I did. Keep in mind this is only good for PHP 5.2.1 and 5.2.0 that I know of:

Download the extension and unzip. Place the php_rrdtool.dll in your php ext dir (indicated in php.ini). Mine's in the default ext folder under php.

Edit php.ini and add php_rrdtool.dll under the extensions section.

Restart apache service.

Load a phpinfo() page and ensure the extension is loaded. Just search the page for rrdtool. This page isn't part of cacti, If your Apache/PHP install doesn't have one just create a phpinfo.php with phpinfo(); as the only line of code.

Edit cacti\plugins\reportit\runtime.php, line 188 says:

if(in_array('rrdtool', $loaded_extensions)) {

replace rrdtool with RRDTool ( or if you know php, change it to look for both)

Open cacti, go to the reportit settings and change it to PHP Bindings.

Enjoy the faster report generation. :)
wrusman

Post by wrusman »

Hello,

i've been trying to use the reportit plugin for some days now, but i still cannot get export the way i want it.
I have to present a graph of some data to my management, but i cannot let reportit spit out the right data.

I've configured some reports but they do not display the data i want them to display :oops:

Attachment 1 is the csv it generates, its the average of all measurands.
Attachment 2 is the data it generates, its the average of all measurands.
Attachment 3 is the graph that i want as data in the csv file.

Does anyone have a how-to or description on how to build such a report ?
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (104.41 KiB) Viewed 22050 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (129.49 KiB) Viewed 22050 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (182.2 KiB) Viewed 22050 times
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi wrusman,

your screen shots don't really fit! Please attend the following things:
You've to know that RRDtool uses decimal prefixes instead of binary ones. So at first edit your report template and change the method of rounding if you want to display the result in that way. You don't have to rerun your report! But in the strict sense the result won't be correct. For example: If you buy a HD with 500 GB the real space for saving will be less than 500 GB, because it depends on base2 (or 1024) instead of base 10 (or 1000).

If you want to see the binary results with the "normal" prefixes (wrong in terms of IEEE 1541 and IEC 60027-2 !) than go to the settings and disable the option called "SI-Prefixes".

It also seems to me that you normally use Microsoft's IE. The IE has this unlovely feature to cache small download files and after my investigation it's doesn't seems to be possible to deactivate it. (Correct me if I'm wrong). So you have to use the "save to" option to avoid that the IE will open the cached CSV-File instead of the new one ReportIt has generated.

ReportIt v0.4.0 saves the real calculation result into the CSV file, after rounding them with only 2 internal decimal places. Prefixes aren't support till now.

Last but not least you've to compare the results by using the same time frame: The setting of screen 1 seems to be "last three days" and "Down to the present day", but screen 3 shows a graph of the last 24 hours. And it doesn't fit to your configuration of working time (from 0 - 24h).

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

I've forgotten one point: Take a look at the ordinate shown in screen shot 3. The unit is "byte", but the unit you've defined in your template configuration is "kBytes". This doesn't make sense, because if the automical rounding is enabled Reportit decides which prefix has to be used.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
malicorne

reportit

Post by malicorne »

Good work ! great plugin

This plugin work very well for me
I just make some improvements:
  • - I replace

Code: Select all

report_data['start_date']
    with

date(config_date_format(), strtotime($report_data['start_date']))
    to take local date format
  • - I modify your "Filter by host" in cc_rrdlist.php (don't work at me)
When i disable Enable Sliding Time Frame, i get some error when RunReport is done : End of working time is a part of future. Can only calculate data till now
malicorne

reportit

Post by malicorne »

Another little improvement :

in cc_view_mod.php line 366 replace

header("Location: ../../graph.php?local_graph_id=$local_graph_id&rra_id=all");
with this

$data = get_prepared_report_data($_GET['id'],'','','view');
$report_data	= $data['report_data'];
$start = strtotime($report_data['start_date']);
$end = strtotime($report_data['end_date']);
header("Location: ../../graph.php?action=zoom&local_graph_id=$local_graph_id&rra_id=0&graph_start=$start&graph_end=$end");
And you can view the graph related to your report for the right period in the reports tab
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

.... always the same problem with german umlauts ... :(
Last edited by browniebraun on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hey, viele Gruesse nach Strassburg im schoenen Elsass! :wink:

Good morning,
first of all many thanks for your effort! Send me a short email and attach the files you've edited. Then we will take a look at your modifications and decide whether it makes sense to implement them into the next minor release.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
wrusman

Post by wrusman »

Hello Browniebraun

The screenshots i took were just to show the data i get now and the data i want :wink:

When i run a report, the result is always the average for the complete specified period.
What i would like is the csv data to build a graph with in excel or another tool, just like the third screenshot. This way my manager can show the growth in let's say disk usage to the management-board. (Managers love graphs... :wink: :lol: )

Is this possible with the current feature set of ReportIt, or do i have to build a custom query to accomplish this ?
hendry

Post by hendry »

Can anyone help me to generate a report for the 95 percentile settings? I want to create a report showing in & out bandwith with the 95 percentile outcome.
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

I think you could do it in this way. If you want to change the value from 95% to 98% for example,
you should define a variable and use this one instead of the absolute value in your formula. ( e.g f_xth(c1v) )

Best regards
-Andreas-
Attachments
95var_report_config.PNG
95var_report_config.PNG (13.84 KiB) Viewed 21573 times
95var.PNG
95var.PNG (17.44 KiB) Viewed 21573 times
95pt.PNG
95pt.PNG (9.88 KiB) Viewed 21573 times
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3